Vienna- Prague Heritage Trails, Central Europe
Authentic cycling, hiking, car or minibus, horse-back riding holidays for individuals and small groups in the Czech Republic and neighbouring countries - Austria, Slovakia, Hungary and Poland (Central Europe). Carefully designed for you, imaginative and responsible travellers.
Vienna - Prague Heritage Trails beckons you to historical cities like Cesky Krumlov, Telc, Kutna Hora and other treasured UNESCO World Heritage Sites, folk villages with their white-washed facades and red roofs, and national parks. During all travelling and your stay in Prague, a great gem of central Europe, you can dine in traditional fashion, sipping Czech pilsners with their own storied past - brewed since the 14th century - and fine Moravian wines. Many of the charming hotels you will stay in are classified, like much of the Czech Republic itself, as architectural monuments.
Prague - Vienna HERITAGE TRAILS - many reasons to go
- Easy to get there - Prague - Vienna Heritage Trails, Czech Republic, Central Europe, are predominantly organised between Prague and Vienna, and their international airports.
- Wide offer of comfortable services and activities - you can go cycling, hiking, horse-back riding and/or comfortable minibus travel between Vienna and Prague with or without much luggage, with or without a guide; stay in carefully selected stylish 3-star, 4-star and 5-star exceptional hotels in the centre of historical towns and/or in pleasant village farm-style family guesthouses with home-made breakfasts.
- Experienced staff and careful organisation - Prague - Vienna Heritage Trails, Czech Republic, have been tested by thousands of satisfied travellers from all over the world since 1994. Our agency is a member of ACK, The Association of Czech Tour Operators.
- Focus in sustainability - Prague - Vienna Heritage Trails, Czech Republic, is not about mass tourism - it meets the demands of responsible travellers, including means of transport; the tours have been prepared with the co-operation of the local people and ECEAT according to its guidelines.
HERITAGE TRAILS TOURS
There are so many breathtaking places in Central Europe that you should explore, see, touch and taste! But where to go now, where to go next and what is the best thing to do between Vienna and Prague?
We can offer you a wide range of carefully prepared tours with a variety of activities. You can find your vacation programme perfectly fitting your taste concerning difficulty. Maybe you prefer UNESCO World Heritage Sites; maybe you love national parks. Or are you looking for regional gastronomy, nice wines and excellent beers?
Check all the new and exiting experiences and go through the tours listed below. We look forward to seeing you soon!
QUALITY BIKES FOR QUALITY BIKING
Heritage Trails provides quality AUTHOR fully equipped mountain bikes.
We deliver bikes to the starting point of your Heritage Trails cycling tour. The starting point is described in the particular itinerary. The price for bike hire is mentioned in every particular tour.
When making a reservation, please LET US KNOW your preferences, frame size, etc.
Our qualified staff sets every bike to each individual rider and explains all operations. The bicycles can be returned at the end point of the packaged tour and we collect them free of charge to take back to our base. We reserve the right to hire bicycles only as a part of tours ordered with our company.
PRICE: CZK 400 (EUR 15)/day; no extra charges for delivery and/or return.
- AUTHOR lightweight Al frame, 17 to 22"
- antishock front fork RST capa TL
- 18 - 21 speed, SHIMANO Acera, Altus
- low-profile wheels
- AUTHOR gel saddle
- SHIMANO V brakes
- additional equipment - front, frame and saddle bags, bottle basket, cycle-computer, helmet.
You should always take your helmet and/or saddle with you.
HERITAGE TRAILS TOURS - ACTIVITIES, GUIDANCE, RATING
Heritage Trails brings a selection of different popular activities.
- WALKING - walks and treks not only in the more remote Blueberry Fields and rugged canyons and towers of Sandstone Labyrinths are waiting for you to be conquered.
- The Prague walking package can be ordered as a special service.
- CYCLING - choose from a wide range of tours, decide on the level and type of guidance and off you go! Our bikes await you!
- HORSE-BACK RIDING - vacations in the saddle, riding in the mountains for romantic horse lovers.
- CAR/MINIBUS - independence and comfort are typical for this activity; most of the tours are combined with optional walking.
- CANOEING - especially the Sumava area around Cesky Krumlov is a paradise for this activity. This is an optional activity for some tours.
- TRAIL RUNNING - run in nature and climb mountains
Heritage Trails offers different types of tours. You can sort out the tours chosen by this criterion using the black sorting bar above the tour list.
- SELF-GUIDED TOURS - maximum flexibility and independence in combination with perfect itineraries prepared by our experts and detailed topographical maps 1:50 000; or GPS satellite navigation , if required. Different options for luggage transfer (self-transfer, inn-to-inn car transfers), carefully selected hotels, mobile phone support. Ideal for independent individuals.
- VEHICLE SUPPORTED TOURS - while you enjoy independent travel always without backpacks according to detailed itineraries, you organize your time as you like; there is always vehicle support ready to assist and help you if needed (e.g. in case of bad weather, etc.) and to transfer you to the next destination. An especially popular option for cyclists.
- GUIDED TOURS - our experienced tour guides accompany your group and take care of all organizational details.
A tour rating gives the traveller a clear picture about the length and difficulty of the daily programme. Therefore the holidays can be precisely planned fitting the individual condition of the traveller. As there are not so many difficult terrains, especially in the Czech Republic, the traveller need not worry about rapid altitude changes.
Almost all the tours offer more alternatives and versatile itineraries concerning the length of the daily programme. This enables the traveller to decide on the daily programme based on the actual conditions.
The Heritage Trails tours are divided into two main groups:
- EASY - MEDIUM - this indicates that the daily distances are versatile and travellers can decide on the spot what distance/itinerary fits their actual conditions best. EASY means that for hiking/walking, tours vary from 2 to 6 km (1.25 - 3.75 miles); for cycling they are up to 16 km (10 miles) per day. MEDIUM means that the daily distances for walking tours do not exceed 16 km (10 miles); or 40 km (25 miles) for cycling tours.
- MEDIUM - daily trips might exceed 20 km (16 miles) with a maximum of about 25 km (15.6 miles) for hiking tours; 40 km (25 miles) a day for cycling tours with a maximum of about 70 km (43.75 miles).
- Too short? Need more? CONTACT US if the daily programme doesn´t meet your expectations and needs some extras!
HERITAGE TRAILS EXCEPTIONAL ACCOMMODATION
Heritage Trails are designed to bring the traveller the ultimate travel experience and peaceful, picturesque settings. The style of accommodation of the best available quality is a part of the taste of the captivating region - Central Europe. Every traveller can choose from a cornucopia of different styles of accommodation located in historical city centres and/or countryside:
- RENAISSANCE STYLE - many such small cosy hotels dating back to the 14th - 16th centuries still have original frescos and nicely decorated wooden ceilings inside
- BAROQUE AND CLASSICAL - often large representative buildings in rich and comfortable styles from the 17th to 19th centuries
- ART NOUVEAU - one of the most elegant and sophisticated styles from the beginning of 20th century
- CONTEMPORARY - the best of contemporary architecture
- CHATEAUX AND CASTLES - unusual and romantic accommodation
- VILLAGE AND FARM STYLE - rustic, traditional
HERITAGE TRAILS - EXQUISITE CUISINE
To truly experience a special place is to savour its distinctive cuisine - staple dishes as well as delicacies. The flavours are as deliciously varied as the regions that produce them.
Chefs of the kitchens offer their exceptional culinary knowledge and different culinary styles are indicated in every particular hotel description as follows:
TRADITIONAL LOCAL - Czech pork with cabbage and dumplings is especially famous; don’t forget the tasty cream sauce called “svickova”. Czech pilsners are fantastic wherever the traveller goes or stays; as are the finest Moravian wines.
INTERNATIONAL - modern, light, sophisticated, tasty.
Here find selected tours with culinary experience.